The Liebster Award Tag!

The Liebster Award logo

"Hello, Dreamers!" in original Disney font

Apologies for my absence as of late, I've been crazy busy the last month or so, between work and returning to college, but I promise now that I'm back in Cork and have returned to some form of a routine I'll be a lot more active and will be posting regularly!

Anyway, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, as you might be able to tell from the image above, it allows people to discover new blogs! Between my nominees and the person who nominated me, I'll be advertising and hopefully increasing readerships for five fabulous fellow bloggers! At the same time, you guys get to learn a little bit more about me. So, without further ado, let's get started!

I'd like to thank the fabulous Alicia Baker from Alicia's Planet (who blogs about lifestyle, food, beauty, travel and fitness) for nominating me and writing these questions 😊 Do check out her blog, it's wonderful! Now let's go!

~

1. Who are you, where are you from, and what do you do?


My name is Meagan, I'm from County Laois in Ireland, and I am a French and History student in University College Cork. Over the summer I have been working full-time as a kitchen assistant in the restaurant of a very busy hotel, which explains why I haven't been as active as I'd like to be lately.


2. What’s been your favourite part about blogging so far?


Honestly, I'm just so happy I've finally found a platform where I can write about what's important to me. I'm my own boss, my own content creator. I've loved writing for as long as I can remember, and to have somewhere to publish my work and at the same time have complete creative control, it's like being a journalist, but better!


3. What tips would you have for people who are writing their first blog post?


Make sure it's a topic that will catch people's attention, get them thinking, and at the same time set the tone for what your blog is going to be all about. That's why the first thing I wrote about after my welcome post was about unemployment in autistic adults. It's something that most definitely isn't talked about enough, and it sent the message to readers that autism is going to be a prominent topic of discussion on my blog.


4. Name one of the most embarrassing moments you’ve had in your life?


Oh boy, working in a kitchen, there's plenty of opportunity for embarrassment. Between getting orders wrong, having to admit you don't know how to do/make something, and breaking delph, I've had my moments. The worst was probably dropping a stack of 6-8 dinner plates while carrying them back from the dishwasher room to where they were stored. We were catering a wedding of over 100 people so the delph was coming in hot and fast and I was already super overwhelmed and stressed, so as you can guess this was the icing on the cake!


5. Who’s your favourite actor/actress and why?


Around June, I decided to treat myself and bought the entire box set of  Glee. That show was my absolute favourite growing up, and was groundbreaking in so many ways. So, for the moment I have to say my favourite actor is Chris Colfer, aka Kurt Hummel, aka the cutest human being EVER. He's just gorgeous and so talented and a complete and utter sweetheart. Kurt was my favourite character the first time I watched Glee and rewatching it has changed absolutely nothing!


6. Which social media platform do you think has been the best for your blog so far?


In terms of getting to know other people and gaining followers on social media, most definitely Twitter! The blogging community here is huge, and blogger chats are an amazing networking opportunity! However, in terms of getting more people to read my blog posts, I would have to say Facebook, simply because inviting all my Facebook friends to like my blog's page, in addition to being able to pay to boost posts containing a link to my blog, I'm definitely able to reach more people.


7. Who are your favourite big-time bloggers?


I don't really follow any so-called 'big-time' bloggers, but if bigger blogs than mine (not hard) counts, then I'd have to go with Totally Ró! She's so funny and positive and her Snapchat always brightens my day. The fact she's also my boyfriend's sister has absolutely nothing to do with it😉

(No, really, it doesn't, she's awesome)

8. If you were to collaborate with a brand, which would your dream brand be?


Disney, duh! Does that count? Just saying, if y'all ever start making your costumes in adult sizes, I am SO DOWN to be the face of that legendary movement.


9. What plans/hopes have you got for the rest of the year travel wise?


Unfortunately, I'm not going anywhere before the end of 2017, but fingers crossed the family will be heading abroad for the first time in years next summer! If not, I shall strongly consider applying for a J1 Visa. I need to see America!


10. What’s your favourite thing to blog about?


Well, Disney and autism, of course! I do have a lot of plans for other types of posts though as well, for example, I got my first tattoo over the summer, so expect to hear all about that soon!


11. Do you ever worry about your gaining a good following for your blog?


Of course I do, especially since I just started out, but I know that these kinds of things take time, and as long as I stay active I'll start to see progress being made.


~

I hope my answers quenched your thirst for more knowledge surrounding me and my life, now it's time for you to check out my nominees! I picked them because they're cool and interesting and worth your time reading some of their stuff. Good luck guys!

And the nominees are:




And here are my questions for you! I've always been a curious person and love asking people questions, may even become an interviewer, so my questions may be a little different and not necessarily blog related but oh well, at least your readers will get to know you!



  1. So, who are you, where are you from, and what is your blog all about anyway?
  2. While we're at the whole promoting other blogs thing, tell us about some of your favourite bloggers, or even YouTubers.
  3. What kind of music are you into? Who's your favourite artist and why??
  4. What's your favourite movie and why?
  5. What's the best compliment you've ever received? It can be about you personally or your blog.
  6. What are you constantly thinking about? Can be happy, sad, or anything in between.
  7. What cheers you up?
  8. What's your greatest fear? Is there any reason behind it?
  9. Tell me something interesting about yourself that you don't talk about often. Not necessarily because it's a bad thing, but maybe it just never came up in conversation.
  10. Name someone you know, and describe them in five words.
  11. Do you have any big ambitions in relation to your blog or do you just consider it a hobby?

~

And there you go! Again, please do check out all the blogs I have listed above. They all cover a range of topics, from beauty to lifestyle to travel to politics to mental health, and I chose them all because I truly do believe they are worth checking out.


Don't forget, you can always ask me a question on Tumblr, send me a message on Facebook, or Tweet me!


Until next time, see ya around, it's been a real slice!



"Dream Big" in original Disney font

Meagan (but my friends call me Meg)

Comments